Stay Safe at Decadence
Posted on: December 28, 2018
Decadence Fam! It’s just about time for our year-end celebration to end all celebrations! As we approach Decadence, we want to give you a list of helpful tips and reminders to keep you going and to keep everyone as safe as possible.
1. Drink LOTS of water. 2 days of dancing is a lot of strenuous exercise, and at a higher altitude you require even more water than you normally would, especially if you’re from out of state! There will be 2 free water stations available throughout the venue to keep you hydrated all night long.
2. Bundle up! It’s winter and the weather can be unpredictable. There will be coat check available so you won’t have to worry about your coat while you’re dancing the night away.
3. Eat well before the show! You’ll probably be so excited that food will be the last thing on your mind; but food is fuel and a properly fueled body will result in greater stamina for dancing over the course of the weekend. Food is available at the venue, but eating a hearty meal and snacking on some fruit before you enter is your best bet for going 100% all night long, each night!
4. Wear comfortable shoes! Decadence is a vast expanse spread over 3 dance arenas! Wear insoles or your most comfortable shoes to ensure that your feet are happy as you dance your way through the new year.
5. Look out for each other! This scene was founded with the principles of Peace, Love, Unity, and Respect. If you see someone that looks like they’re having a hard time, get them some water and get them medical attention. Don’t be worried about getting in trouble, Colorado’s Good Samaritan law exempts anyone helping someone get medical attention from ANY liability.
Don’t forget: you need to Eat & Sleep if you want to Rave & Repeat! We can’t wait to see you all dancing and grooving at Decadence!